Talent Search 2012
- Last Updated: Wednesday, 18 November 2015 21:02
- Published: Friday, 03 August 2012 23:31
- Hits: 4032
Physics Talent Search Examination 2012
Final Results - Toppers List
Download Application Form
Last Date for Submission of Application: 23rd August 2012.
Date and Time of Examination: 22nd September 2012 at 10.00 am
The objective of the All Kerala Physics Talent Search Examination is to:
1. identify and recognize talented Physics students
2. help them develop an awareness and confidence about where they stand compared to their peers
3. motivate and orient students towards research and career avenues in Physics by providing opportunities to interact with academicians and scientists
4. orient students towards a right and scientific attitude towards learning Science, in particular Physics
1. The first three toppers will be awarded cash prizes, books and mementos. Those selected for interview will be given merit certificates.
2. The top scorers will be given opportunities to interact with eminent scientists and academicians which may provide immense exposure to career development
3. The toppers will be invited to attend all programmes of the academy
The examination consists of two parts:
1. Written Examination and
The written examination consists of two parts: PART A consists of 75 multiple choice questions. There will be NO negative marking. Answers should be blackened using an HB pencil in the sheet provided along with the question paper. The question in this section will be based on plus two level Physics (90%) and Mathematics (10%). Time alloted: 100 minutes. PART B will have 10 problemquestions which are to be answered in separate sheets provided along with the question paper. No additional sheets will be provided. Time alloted: 60 minutes. Credit
will be given for correct steps and formulae. 10 percent (or 100 toppers among the total candidates who appeared for the PART A, whichever is less) of the top scorers in PART A will be qualified for evaluation of their PART B answers.
The top twenty students in the written examination will be called for a two day science camp at CUSAT. The ranks will be decided based on the performances in the written examination and in a Quiz competition during the camp. No TA/DA will be given neither for the written examination nor for the camp.
ELIGIBILITY FOR PARTICIPATION
Any B Sc. Physics student in his/her 1st, 2nd or 3rd year of study can participate.
Application forms for the Talent Search Examination is available with the regional co-ordinators. Application form in original or its photocopy can be used. Filled-in application forms can be submitted to regional co-ordinators where the candidate intends to take the examination or to the state co-ordinator directly.
Registration fee for the Talent Search Examination is Rs. 50/-. The fee is to be paid as DD drawn in favour of “Academy of Physics Teachers”, payable at Kottayam or by way of core banking. APT account No.: 10585371156 SBI Kottayam IFSC Code: SBIN0001891 In addition to the registartion fee, each candidate should pay Rs. 5/- to the regional co-ordinator to meet the expenses of the conduction of examination in the respective centres.
2. Dr. Yohannan Panicker, Dept. of Physics, T. K. M. Arts and Science College, Kollam; 9895370968
3. Dr. Rajesh. S, Dept. of Physics, NSS College, Pandalam; 9745652856
5. Dr. D. Sajan, Dept. of Physics, Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara; 9495043765
6. Prof. Sophiamma Joseph, Dept. of Physics, St. Joseph's College, Alappuzha; 0477 2213743
7. Dr. Sajeev U. S., Dept. of Physics,Govt. College, Kottayam; 9447191048
8. Prof. Reenu Jacob, Dept. of Physics, CMS College, Kottayam, 9496935890
9. Dr. Shajo Sebastian, Dept. of Physics, S B College Changanassery, 9447040492
10. Prof.Ganesh Chandra Prabhu, D B College, Talayolaparambu; 9495688207
11. Anitha Abraham, Dept. of Physics, Sree Sankara College, Kalady, 9061665510
12. Dr. S. Sankararaman, Dept. of Physics, Nirmala College, Muvattupuzha; 9447421844
13. Prof. V. P. Anto, Dept. of Physics, Christ College, Irinjalakkuda, 9446229796
14. Dr. Malini K. A. Dept. of Physics, Vimala College, Thrissur, 9495220673
15. Dr. Joy P. M., Dept. of Physics, St. Thomas College, Thrissur, 9446143106
16. Prof. Sreekumar R, Dept. of Physics,, St. Joseph's College, Devagiri, Kozhikode; 9447077912
17. Mr. Biju K. G, Dept. of Physics, WMO Arts and Science College, Muttil P. O., North Kalpetta, Wynad 9447546217
18. Ms. T. P. Suneera, Dept. of Physics, Govt. College, Madappally; 9447639862
19. Dr. Devadas, Dept. of Physics, M. G. College, Iritty, 9447372926
20. Prof. C. A. Safeeque, Dept. of Physics, Sullamussalam Science College, Areacode; 9847619616
21. Prof. K. Vasudevan Pillai, NSS College, Nenmara; 9847853706